1. Someone wants you. Conceived you. Is waiting.
2. There is a very thin boundary between you
and what nourishes you, embeds you,
3. There is no coming to life without pain,
no awakening without surrender,
no struggle without hope.
4. Through the valley of the shadow of death,
Red Sea, gaping tomb, birth canal,
life draws you, knowing.
5. Let the Beloved push you out of her
into her lap. It is with love
that she lets you go.
6. Breathe in. Breathe out.
7. Shed the sac of all the awful things.
Let the cord of your shame and suffering be severed.
Each breath, you are delivered
into the new world.
8. Beneath the slime you are beautiful. You are new.
Allow yourself, naked, flawed and bewildered,
to be perfect, to be held, to be adored.
9. In this moment, the Holy One gives you life.
The Holy One alone.
10. Breathe in. Breathe out.
11. Each moment her sweet umbilical breath.
Receive this life,
and bear her love into this day.
12. Breathe in. Breathe out.
To receive Unfolding Light as a daily e-mail,
write to me at unfoldinglight8(at)hotmail.com